Location: Dayton, OH
The Account Relationship Manager position is designed to help train/develop someone in becoming an Account Manager.
Position Summary: The Account Relationship Manager supports the account team in retaining and servicing existing accounts with a strong emphasis on maintaining positive client relationships through insurance knowledge and professional communication skills. The person filling this role should expect to be in the position at least 18-24 months.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Trained in all aspects of the Account Manager role
- Responsible for creating a positive first and lasting impression and ensuring the customer experience delivered by MB and is consistent with the organizations’ brand commitment
- Provide service on assigned book of business (or clients) by managing internal resources and delegating work utilizing appropriate resources. This includes assisting on cross-selling.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and carriers, by responding promptly and accurately to questions and compaints
- Meet with the account team (Consultants, AM’s, FAS, Service, other) on a regular basis to discuss workload, appointments, and priorities.
- Review policies to ensure proper insurance.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of a renewal.
- Attend sales presentation appointments at the direction of the Consultant/Account Manager
- Conduct independent renewal and employee meetings as required by clients and as directed by their Account Manager
- Understand and follow specific team 100+ pre-renewal and renewal processes for clients
- Establish and fulfill individual sales goals by identifying opportunities to sell deep within existing block of business. This includes retention goal.
- Responsible for making sure information within Gen4 on renewals, client contacts, etc. are up to date and accurate.
- Assist account team with carrier replacement and new group implementation processes.
- Responsible for understanding the Service Representative duties and responsibilities and addressing client needs as necessary.
Ensure the account team is following best practices, building internal relationships, held accountable to the standards set and agreed upon by the entire segment.
Minimum Skills & Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma required
- 5+ years of experience in an insurance agency or 5+ years of company experience specializing in employee benefits or 5+ years of equivalent experience is preferred.
- Valid Life and Health Insurance license
- Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Organization, analytical and time management skills.
- Demonstrates advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills