Location: Dayton, OH
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
McGohan Brabender hires good, smart people to effectively manage the entire health care dollar. We are an entrepreneurial, growing company that is redefining employer-sponsored benefits. We are financial strategists, agile advisors and creative problem-solvers.
Our culture is contagious. We value knowledge, teamwork, integrity, communication and, above all, people. We treat employees the way we want our employees to treat our clients. And we believe in giving back to the communities that give so much to us.
The Advocate Specialist is a valued member of McGohan Brabender’s Advocate Team. We are a collaborative team working together to build relationships and solve issues for our clients. We partner with our carriers focusing on resolving claim & benefit issues. The ideal candidate will strive to serve our clients by having a desire to learn, educate and take action.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to incoming calls and e-mails from clients, employees, and team members
- Identify the type of assistance needed by asking appropriate questions and actively listening
- Document and obtain the information required to help in resolve medical claim issues
- Educate clients using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Prioritize and manage a multitude of cases while meeting team metrics
- Communicate and collaborate daily with team members, carriers and clients
- Work in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- 2+ years of Customer Service experience required
- Associates Degree in healthcare, business or other related major preferred
- Carrier or other healthcare experience desired, including medical coding
- Must have a strong work ethic and take initiative
- A positive demeanor/attitude and having a team player mentality is required
- Computer software experience required