Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Process and report all lines of a group insurance renewal. (Medical, Drug, Dental, Vision, Life, DI).
- With guidance from the Account Manager, handle all aspects of marketing group insurance including preparation of specifications, responding to the market’s queries, summarization and comparison of all quotes received.
- Prepare and assemble pertinent parts of the client renewal presentation whether for reporting of the renewal, presenting a market comparison or financial reconciliation.
- Calculate projected renewal rating as scheduled and prepare utilization reports for experience rated clients.
- Prepare comparison exhibit for plan design changes and illustrate the financial implications.
- Assist Account Manager with recommendations for improvements in plan designs and help to identify any areas of risk for the client.
- Continually build strong working relationships with insurers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate each essential responsibility/duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College course work in finance, mathematics, accounting, information technology or related courses may substitute for experience
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Windows software applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong mathematical skills
- Must be analytical and possess effective decision-making skills
- Must be a “self- starter” and take initiative in meeting client’s needs (pro-active versus re-active)
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to vocalize concerns/questions
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish department goals
- Actuarial, Insurance or Analytical experience required