For many, Memorial Day represents the start of summer in the United States. This brings a few things to mind for different people. Some may think of swimming, vacation, and ice cream. For those of us at McGohan Brabender, the first thing that comes to mind is our internship program! Every summer, MB brings in a new batch of college students ready and willing to learn. Over the next few weeks, we will introduce you to the summer interns in each department. Without further ado, let’s meet Strategy & Innovation intern, Jeffrey!
Jeffrey Duvic is a Springboro, OH native and will be a junior at the University of Dayton this fall studying communications. With an interest in things such as Google Analytics and videography, Jeffrey was the perfect fit for our Strategy & Innovation team. Jeffrey learned about the MB Internship through a close friend that worked here last summer. His friend had nothing but great things to say about the company and its culture. Jeffrey found the marketing internship was available and immediately knew that was where he wanted to spend his summer. Let’s get to know Jeffrey a little better by finding out some fun facts about him…
- FAVORITE HOBBY: Looking for any hiking recommendations? Jeff is your guy! His favorite spot in the area is Sugarcreek Metropark in Bellbrook, OH. He enjoys going hiking with his family and friends on the weekends and one of his dream vacations is to visit and hike the state parks in Colorado!
- FAMILY FIRST: Jeffrey values family more than anything, which is why he a great fit for McGohan Brabender. His mom and dad are his two role models and he admires how they always put other people’s needs first. Whether it was running him to baseball practice when he was younger or helping his sister move into her new apartment, they are the most selfless people he knows. Jeff thanks his mom and dad for molding him into the person he is today. They have taught him countless life lessons that he will use in his future endeavors.
- BIG SPORTS GUY: Jeffrey loves to watch and play baseball, especially the Cincinnati Reds. He is hoping that baseball season will start back up so that he can watch the Reds in action again. He also enjoys watching football and basketball and loves cheering on the University of Dayton Flyers basketball team. How about that last season?!
- proUDest ACCOMPLISHMENT: One of Jeffrey’s proudest accomplishments in the past five years is obtaining his associate degree in Communication from Sinclair Community College! Jeffrey is a part of the UD Sinclair Academy where students complete their first two years at Sinclair and then transfer seamlessly to the University of Dayton for their last two years.
- THE BEST ADVICE YOU’LL EVER NEED: Over the years Jeffrey has received a lot of advice from some great mentors. One quote that Jeffrey will never forget is from a Professor at Sinclair who said, “You have 86,400 seconds in a day, don’t let 60 seconds that were bad ruin your day.” Jeff applies this to his everyday life and prefers to see the world with a glass-half-full mentality.
- LET’S GO BACK IN TIME: If Jeff could travel back in time, he would want to visit the year 1990 and watch the Cincinnati Reds win the World Series. None of Jeffrey’s favorite sports teams have ever won a national title and it would be incredible to witness this greatness.
- THOUGHTS ON MB: One of the most impactful things Jeff has learned in his time at MB is that the culture is second to none. He loves how caring and helpful everyone in the office is. He looks forward to coming to work every day and learning from his colleagues. “Everyone here wants everyone to succeed in what they are trying to achieve. All of the employees offer a helping hand, which is one of the things I love most about working at McGohan Brabender.”
We are so happy that Jeffrey is a part of our MB family!