Another week has come and gone, which means that it’s Friday. Friday is our favorite day of the week because we get to introduce to you another amazing intern! This week, we will be introducing Sam Homan. Sam is going to be a Junior at Bowling Green State University. While at BG, Sam majors in Secondary Education and minors in Political Science and History. Sam resides in Springboro, Ohio, and will serve as one of our sales interns this summer. Let’s get to know him a little better by finding out some fun facts about him…
- A COMPETITOR THROUGH AND THROUGH: You could say Sam is competitive. From pee-wee programs as a kid to high school sports and now to college intramurals, he has always loved playing with and against others no matter what the circumstances are! At BG, Sam plays intramural football and basketball and “loves how intramural sports gives you an outlet for competition” and allows you to stay active.
- THE GIFT OF GIVING BACK: Sam values the importance of giving back to the community, which is a huge reason why he loves working at McGohan Brabender. While at school, Sam participated in a fundraiser that raised money for domestic violence awareness. Sam believes this is an important cause to raise awareness for and enjoys doing what he can to give back.
- GUESS WHO’S BACK?!: Sam’s face might look familiar to some of you… that’s because he is one of our returning interns. Last summer, Sam was an intern for our HR department. He enjoyed his experience so much that he looked for other internship possibilities at MB. This is when he stumbled upon the sales opportunity. Sam has always had an interest in sales and believes some of the skills you learn in sales can transfer to the classroom. Sam wanted to return to MB for a second year because of the culture that has been established here. He believes that this culture fosters a healthy and productive work environment… what more can you ask for?!
- BUCKET LIST TRAVEL DESTINATION: If Sam could visit anywhere in the world, it would be the country of Italy. He would love to spend time in Rome, Venice, and Milan to learn more about Italian history and to visit the beautiful landmarks. Sam also wants to visit Italy to learn more about his heritage! With history being his passion, he believes it is important to learn more about your ancestors and family story.
- “NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO PROBLEM”: Don’t let this headline startle you, country fans will recognize these lyrics! Kenny Chesney is one of Sam’s favorite artists and when asked who he would swap lives with for a day — his response was, “KENNY CHESNEY!” Sam thinks he would enjoy Kenny’s laid-back lifestyle, living in the Florida Keys, hanging out on the beach, boating and playing music. If MB ever opens a Florida branch, you can count Sam in!
- THOUGHTS ON MB: There are so many things to learn at MB, and with Sam already having one summer under his belt, he is at an advantage. One quality that has stood out to him during his time at MB: resiliency. Sam loves how MB CEO, Scott McGohan and other leaders at MB remain calm in times of crisis and adapt to the situation. Sam believes that the leadership at MB exhibited during the Coronavirus has been tremendous and he couldn’t ask for a better company to work for.
We are so excited to have Sam back as an intern at McGohan Brabender!